Saturday, September 28, 2013

Back at Echo Park...

...and some other stops around Los Angeles and the east end of Sunset Blvd...

When I last visited Echo Park, I was delighted to discover that the paddle boats have returned to the lake!  These are not the funky old boats I remember from years ago, but sleek new shiny "rubber duck" yellow!  They've made an instant hit, and the park is very busy on the weekends now...

Just east of Echo Park on Sunset Blvd. is a little gem of restaurant, Guisado's, that makes great little tacos of all kinds.  It seems to be a favorite lunchtime oasis for nearby downtown office workers...

It was great to have a late summer reunion at a favorite L.A. location, Olvera Street, with friends I sketched with in Barcelona--Shiho, Chris and John.  So much fun to talk about that fantastic experience, and get in a bit of sketching too.  Olvera Street is the oldest part of Los Angeles--I've loved it since I was a child...

No comments:

Post a Comment