Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Exploring Los Angeles Neighborhoods



...heading west on Sunset Blvd. next takes you through Silver Lake.  I spent the first 7 years of my life in this neighborhood...perhaps it wasn't as hip then, but it's always been the home of artists, film makers and other creative people...

The hilly neighborhood just north
of Sunset as you leave Echo Park
heading towards Silver Lake...





When you're out drawing on location, you never know what you'll see!  I was sitting at the corner of Sunset and Silver Lake Blvd., almost finished with my sketch of this green jewel of a hamburger restaurant...

...when around the corner came a group of bicyclists whooping and hooting...as you'll notice, minus the usual bicycle gear!  I later discovered that I just happened to witness the "Los Angeles World Naked Bike Ride"!  This was going on in cities around the world that day...






A few blocks west, I found a corner with interesting views in all directions...El 7 Mares, old and new houses across the street, and street-side "antiques" for sale on Sunset Blvd...






1 comment: